To be eligible to apply for Fellowship, all Candidates must:
- Be a current IAIME member* in good standing
- Hold a valid, unrestricted license to practice in their state
- Passed the Certified Medicolegal Evaluator Examination (CMLE) with the last 5 years
- Have attended (in-person or virtually) at least two IAIME Scientific programs** within the last 3 years
If you meet all of the above requirements and wish to apply for Fellowship, please email email@example.com and request a Fellow application link.
Please note a non-refundable application fee of $250 is required. Submitting this application is the first step of the application process. It does not guarantee Fellow status approval.
- Completed at least one of the following method of additional education in report writing:
a) Attending an IAIME report writing course;
b) Creating a self-study slide show that starts with a very poorly written report and shows ways to improve it;
c) Receive mentorship and the approval from the Board; or
d) Receive a waiver to the report writing educational requirement based on the recommendation of two members of the Examination and Certification Committee.
*Associate, Early Career, and Resident/Student member types can NOT become Fellows
** Approved programs for this purpose are defined as the Annual Scientific Meeting or the Midyear Conference.
To remain an IAIME fellow:
- Attend at least one IAIME educational meeting every three years
- Renew CMLE certification every three years
- Maintain regular IAIME membership in good standing
- Current unrestricted and active professional license