2022 IAIME MedicoLegal and Annual Scientific Session
Jan. 19 – Jan. 22, 2022
- Prepare for Post-COVID IME Issues
- Distinguish Yourself – Build Your Causation Science Know-How
- Sharpen Your MedicoLegal Skills
- Learn Best IME Practice Management Pearls from the Pros
Have it your way – In Person, Virtually, On-Demand
- Eager to gather with your MedicoLegal Evaluator colleagues and faculty? Register now and take advantage of our special hotel block pricing. You can cancel your registration without penalty until 12/29/2021. (Registrations canceled after 12/29/2021 receive tuition credit toward your next IAIME event.) Hotel rooms can be canceled without penalty until 1/10/2022. *
- Unable to join us in-person? Join us virtually. We received great reviews for our previous virtual conferences. You can expect the same quality at the 2022 Meeting.
- Need to attend on your own schedule? All recorded content will be available to all registrants thru 4/19/2022.
* We strongly recommend, for your safety and for the safety of others, that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if you choose to attend this meeting in-person. All in-person attendees will be asked to wear masks in all meeting rooms, unless eating or drinking for brief periods of time. We have asked the hotel to provide outdoor spaces for meals, weather permitting. Please be aware that the hotel and local jurisdictions may create additional requirements.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for physicians, chiropractors, psychologists, case managers, claims representatives, allied health professionals including physical therapists, occupational health nurses, attorneys, and insurance and risk management professionals who desire to acquire and improve their skills in the application of evidence-based MedicoLegal evaluation.
Earn up to 30.5 AMA CME, California QME, and APA CE credits
Those who attend this course can expect to:
- Appraise COVID-19 claims based on physical and/or mental symptoms and findings.
- Define functional neurological disorder.
- Review deposition and testimony techniques and principles for medical expert witnesses.
- Identify the skills necessary for successful evidence-based medicolegal evaluation.
- Properly apply impairment rating systems in different administrative environments.
- Discuss methods, procedures and skills for proper evaluation of causation, treatment recommendations, and return to work options.
- Report and communicate medicolegal concepts to nonmedical and medical stakeholders.
- Presenters from medical disciplines, psychology and neuropsychology, and the legal profession
- A highly engaging flexible format for participating in-person, remotely or on demand
- AMA CME and APA CE credits
- Recorded content will be available for replay January 23 and will be available for 90 days
IAIME is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
IAIME designates this live activity for a maximum of 30.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim the amount of credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in these activities.
IAIME designates the enduring activity for a maximum of 23.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim the amount of credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in these activities.
Division Of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has approved this course for up to 30.5 QME hours.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and International Academy of Independent Medical Evaluators (IAIME). Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Psychologists (APA) Credit Designation LIVE ONLY
Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 29.0 Psychologist contact hours.
The following state boards accept courses from APA providers for Counselors: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MO, NC, ND, NH, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
MI: No CE requirements
The following state boards accept courses from APA providers for MFTs: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, MD, ME, MO, NE, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
MI: No CE requirement
The following state boards accept courses from APA providers for Addictions Professionals: AK, AR, CO, CT, DC, DE, GA, IA, IN, KS, LA, MD, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NY (outstate held)*, OK, OR, SC, UT, WA, WI, WY
MA / MFTs: Participants can self-submit courses not approved by the MAMFT board for review.
The following state boards accept courses from APA providers for Social Workers: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, ME, MN, MO, NE, NH, NM, OR, PA, VT, WI, WY
* If the activity is held live in the state of NY, then direct addictions board is required, ie: NAADAC. If the activity is held outside NY, is virtual, enduring or remote, it is considered “outstate” and this reciprocity applies.
New York Board for Psychology (NY PSY) LIVE ONLY
Amedco is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0031 29.0 hours.
Hotel Room Reservations+
A limited block of rooms will be available at special rates at the site hotel ($234 (includes resort fee) + tax for single or double occupancy). You are strongly encouraged to book your hotel room by January 12th, 2022, to receive IAIME pricing.
To make your reservations call (727) 461-3222 and mention that you are with IAIME. To book your hotel room online click here.+
+Hotel rooms can be canceled without penalty until 1/10/2022. +Hotel resort fee is included with all reservations.
|Early Career Member||$100|
Discounts & Accommodations
- Active-Duty Military Service Members and Active-Duty Uniform Service Members 25% registration discount.
- International Registrants are eligible to receive a currency conversion discount.
If you qualify for the above offers, please reach out to our Member Support Team for a registration discount code at 847-786-0162 or email@example.com
You can cancel your registration without penalty until 12/29/2021. (Registrations canceled after 12/29/2021 receive tuition credit toward your next IAIME event.)
Friday January 21, 2022
- IAIME Annual Business Meeting for Fellows 5:55PM – 6:30PM ET
- IAIME Sponsored Reception 6:30 – 8:00PM (guests welcome)
- SDPM CASINO NIGHT “Fun”draiser 7:00 – 9:30PM (guests welcome), $50 donation includes $100 value of “funny money”
|Massad Ayoob||Les Kertay, PhD, ABPP, CMLE, FIAIME|
|Kristi Baird||Diana Kraemer, MD, FAANS, CMLE, FIAIME|
|Robert J. Barth, PhD, FIAIME||David Langham, JD, Deputy Chief Judge|
|Charley Brooks, MD, FIAIME||Mark Melhorn, MD, FIAIME, CMLE|
|Fabrice Czarnecki, MD, MA, MPH, FACOEM, FAAFP, CMLE, FIAIME||James Myers, DC, CMLE, FIAIME|
|Edward Dagher, MD, FAAPMR, FIAIME, CMLE||Bhavesh Robert J. Pandya, MD, MPH, FACP, FACOEM, CMLE, FIAIME|
|Charl Els, MBChB, FCPsych, MMedPsych, ACBOM, FIAIME, CMLE||Gary Pushkin, MD, CMLE, FIAIME (ORS)|
|Marjorie Eskay-Auerbach, MD, JD, CMLE, FIAIME||Mark Ross, MD, CMLE, FIAIME|
|Ian Blair Fries, MD||Naomi Shields, MD|
|Barry Gelinas, DC, MD, CMLE, FIAIME||Jon Stone, MBChB, FRCP, PhD|
|Stan Haimes, MD, MPH, FACOEM, CMLE||Dennis Teal, DC, CMLE, FIAIME|
|Randy Hedglin||Yuri Tsirulnikov, DO, MHA, FIAIME, CMLE|
|Kurt Hegmann, MD, MPH, FACOEM||James Underhill, PsyD, MP, FIAIME, CMLE|
|Mark Hyman, MD, FIAIME||Thomas Vertetis, JD|
|Kelly Jane Wilbur, Esq.|